Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God and Homosexuality. Is it a sin in Gods eyes?


Two verses in the Bible that clearly say Homosexuality is wrong.


Leviticus 18:22

King James Version (KJV)


22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.


Leviticus 20:13

King James Version (KJV)
 13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


Me being raised in a Baptist private school and church this may surprise you, but I don't believe that homosexuality is wrong in Gods eyes. I struggled with my sexuality a lot and even came to the point of having suicidal thoughts because I didn't want anyone to know. I knew that being gay was wrong and an abomination to God. I just did not want anyone to find out and I felt like no one would if I killed myself, but I didn't, I made it through. I am now a happy 18 year old gay man.

I was recently shocked by an interview on the "Piers Morgan Tonight" show with Kirk Cameron. I actually used to like him but I don't anymore. I do think that this
 is hate. Don't religions teach not to hate, but to love? Religion is a really big problem in 
the gay community and a lot of us don't see it. I consider it a type of bullying. I know that 
may be hard to understand but any words hurt. It hurts to be told that what you are is a 
sin and that your going to burn in hell.

If any of you have not seen the movie Prayers For Bobby please watch this true story
 especially if you are being told that what you are is an abomination to God. This is also
 a must watch movie for religious parents. It may make them think. Bobby Griffith was very
 real and will always be remembered.
Bobby Griffith's four-year struggle with being gay and trying to live a Christian life ended on Aug. 27, 1983. On that day, the twenty-year-old back flipped off a freeway overpass in Portland, OR., timing his leap so his body would be struck and killed by an oncoming tractor-trailer. For four years before his death, his religious mother encouraged him to "cure" his homosexuality through prayer. Bobby also kept an extensive diary during those years, which chronicles his highs and lows.
This is a very sad entry of Bobby's diary of over 400 pages.
What's wrong with me? I wish I could crawl under a rock. God, do you enjoy seeing me stumble around this world like a stupid idiot? I think you must. There's probably some kind of pill somewhere that would heal my brain or there's probably some kind of vitamin that I'm not getting enough of. -- Bobby's diary entry for Sept. 28 1981


To end my blog I want to tell you all and ask why can't we just love each other and not hate? Isn't that what God wants?

Caring to make a change,
Brett.

5 comments:

  1. I am homosexual, just as God intended me to be. I am doing his will for my life... who do the Republicans think they are trying to tell God he made a mistake with me?! God made me homosexual, but he sure didn't make them bigots... they chose that lifestyle themselves. The thing I hate the most is that they claim to be Christians 'Christ-Like', but Chist was all about love... of God, of each other, of onesself... so for them to say that ANY kind of love is wrong, is to teach against Christ... and not be Christian. The Leviticus statements are part of the old law that Jesus came to change... I don't know about you, but I find that most heterosexuals are guilty of breaking more of those laws than we are... but of course, they won't mention that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the Levitical Law pronounced in condemnation against people like me along with the Paulist's who claim that he spoke out in temple about homosexuality. What a lot of people miss is that The Levitical laws dealt with an entirely different time frame in history. It dealt with a period where the various temples (outside of Jewish faith) had temple prostitutes and some of these were male. Also if someone tries to cross deck you with that ask them. "So do you have a sister? If so how much would you sell for as a slave to me? Oh don't like that one, you're wearing a knit shirt and blue jeans, you could be stone to death for that. Oh you love lobster and crab, you eat and you're unclean until sunset and you present yourself before a temple priest to prove your worth." All of that is Levitical Law, let's this idiots know that you cannot have one without the lot. As to Paul and his speaking out. Paul was a devout Jew, very devout, devout to the point that even though Christ said he came to fulfill (end) the Judaic law, he was preaching it like no tomorrow is coming. So if someone trots out that one go back at them with "He also said women should submit to their husbands and be quiet in church."

    I'm David Hicks, I'm was a Bab-dist preacher (now Episcopalian)and quite gay and don't give a rats ass who knows it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So referring to post above and the question. Jesus said Love God with all your Heart, Soul, and Mind and Love your Neighbour as yourself. The rest is commentary. At NO point in the NT does Jesus CONDEMN homosexuals. SO IMHO the answer is NO.

      Delete
  3. Leviticus is Old Testament.

    Did Jesus not free us from the Law of Moses?

    There were slaves in those days. Should be reinstitute slavery? Of course not.

    It was very important for Jews to have male children, so the Messiah would be born of them. This is why they insist so much on (heterosexual) marriage. Our JudeoChristian culture is a patriarchal culture. The first thing the Hebrews did when arriving to the "Promised Land" was kill all the surrounding peoples who had matriarchal cultures.

    Patriarchy has brought us nuclear war, homophobia, inequality for women, etc. Enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how the only time these people choose to use the old testament is when referring to homosexuals eh? There is not one reference in the Bible which says God hates us. Also, Christians claim their God is a loving God. In that case why would he choose to say that the way we love is wrong and that homosexuals are an abomination? Some Christian attitude these people have. An attitude which leads to persecution, bullying and suicide.

    ReplyDelete